Monday, August 27, 2007

Planting Bulrush

Bulrush is a natural plant to the waterways in Florida. My good friend, Don, from the Florida Fish and Game, was kind enough to dig some of the plants up, from the shores of
Lake Okeechobee and bring them to me so I could plant them along my back patio shoreline at the Big O.
Now that they are planted our little alligator friend came along to check it out. One thing about planting things in Florida, one is that the ground is usually mostly sand, so it's easy to dig in and second, no matter what you put in the ground it grows. So it's very gratifying.

4 comments:

Margaret & Arthur said...

with the plants and the bulrush your back shoreline will look so good. Not sure about having aligator neighbours though.

Belinda and Lily Kai said...

now you are just showing off with all your links ;) tell me what they even call that so I can figure out how to do the same!! It is so cool to mention something and have a link to explain that further!
Your place is looking so great, my fingers are crossed that we are spared any big storms so the bull rush can take! I will show Lily the picture you have posted of Alvin!

Karen Tews Lien said...

Hi - I liked your blog in the blue colors, it was more fitting for Florida. What do you think?

K

Margaret & Arthur said...

Love the photoshow on your blog. Had seen Karen's and liked it. I think I have now worked out how to do it so will have to give it a try. We are learning all the time and I love the sharing ideas and learning from each other.